Our 2021 Annual Report is here!
2021 was a year of significant progress and momentum for KHULA, in which we reached over 6,000 children and 200 educators across KwaZulu-Natal, one of the most marginalised areas of South Africa. We are immensely proud to share some highlights of our impact, which include:
- Our KHULA preschool graduates ranked in the highest 20% of learners at local primary schools, with 92% of them fluent in English, against a baseline of just 3%!
- In KHULA-supported secondary schools, English marks increase by 27% and Maths by 20%;
- We trained 100 Educators in better supporting children with learning difficulties;
- We enrolled 100 recent school leavers in Google scholarship courses in high-demand tech areas;
- We distributed food parcels to 2,000 families who didn’t have enough to eat during the pandemic;
- We opened our third preschool, brining the number of young learners KHULA can support up to 200 from zero just seven years ago.
Of course, none of this would have been possible without the commitment and generosity of our supporters, to whom we extend our heartfelt gratitude.